Stand with Margie believes that each of us has been made in God’s image and, as such, each of us has fundamental dignity. Stand with Margie supports the LGBT community as its members yearn for the “respect, compassion and sensitivity” that the Church calls for.
We encourage the Church to invite the voices of the LGBT community to the table. Through engagement and conversation, the Church will grow in understanding of its LGBT sisters and brothers, who desire to share their gifts and talents freely and without fear of reprisal, discrimination or exclusion.
While we foster this dialogue, we ask for an immediate moratorium on all firings of LGBT members of the Church from its institutions until the greater Church community engages in meaningful dialogue around these issues.
Stand with Margie strives to work toward Church worker justice and full inclusion of LGBT sisters and brothers in the Church by:
- Raising awareness and contributing to the national conversation around LGBT inclusion in the Church
- Sharing our lives and faith stories with all members of the Catholic community, and in particular, religious communities, institutions, the episcopate and other Church hierarchy
- Educating the broader public around LGBT issues in the Church
- Engaging in ritual, prayer, faith sharing and liturgy to pray for both the pain caused by these issues of exclusion and for healing and wholeness for the community of faith
- Sharing our message of hope and faith to strengthen the Body of Christ and to empower us to do the work of discipleship to which we are all called